European Union (EU) Settled Status Scheme - Further information and advice

The EU Settled Status scheme is the scheme to protect EEA citizens' rights in the UK now the UK has left the European Union.

Last reviewed 14 June 2023

Further information and advice

If you need advice or assistance in connection with the EU Settlement Scheme, you may be able to get this from one of the organisations the UK Government funded to assist people needing help with applications to the EU Settlement Scheme.

Unless you have been granted settled status, the benefit rules can be complex. Unfortunately many claimants are incorrectly refused benefits and need to challenge these refusals.  If you need to check what you can claim, or if your benefit claim has been refused, you should get independent advice. You may be able to get help from an organisation that specialises in advising European nationals and their family members or you can contact a general advice organisation such as Citizens Advice or a law centre.  

Turn2us is unable to offer advice on individual situations.  

Organisations providing advice and information for European migrants and family members 

The AIRE Centre (Advice on Individual Rights in Europe) - a specialist legal charity.

Coram - free legal services for children and young people who need support.

Greater Manchester Immigration Aid Unit - an organisation providing advice, support and representation to people subject to immigration control.

The Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) - a charity providing legal advice, support and campaigning for justice in immigration, nationality and refugee law and policy. 

Rights of Women - a women's charity providing women legal advice and information.

Settled - an independent charity helping EU citizens to stay in the UK after Brexit, offering free advice and support services. 

Work Rights Centre - a charity helping migrants.


Printable version of this guide

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.