You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Hardship Payments - How do I claim Universal Credit hardship payments

Find out more about Hardship Payments.

How do I claim Universal Credit hardship payments

To make a claim contact the Universal Credit contact centre or your local Jobcentre Plus office. 

Universal Credit helpline
Telephone: 0800 328 5644 (full digital service areas)
Telephone: 0800 328 9344 (live service areas)
Telephone: 0800 012 1888 (Wales)
An appointment will normally be arranged at the Jobcentre office for you to provide the information and evidence required to support your application.


Updated: November 2017

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grant Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants