You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.


If you are a carer for someone who has an illness or disability, there may be benefits, grants or other financial support available to you.

Skip to content:

old couple


To check what benefits you might be entitled to quickly and easily, you can use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator.

Turn2us Benefits Calculator

To read more about the benefits available for carers select from the list below:

Carer's Allowance - if you care for someone for at least 35 hours a week and the person you care for is getting a benefit because of  their disability.

Carer's Credit -  if you are under State Pension age and you are caring for someone for at least 20 hours a week.

Income Support - if you, and your partner if you have one, are on a low income or not in full-time employment and fall into a category of people who do not have to look for work. You must usually be 18 or over but under Pension Credit age (some 16 and 17 year olds can get Income Support).

Universal Credit is gradually replacing Income Support.  You must be making a new claim and living in a Universal Credit Full Digital Service area to get this.  Find out more from our Universal Credit guide.

You may also be eligible for help with housing costs.

Related information


To find out what help may be available from grant giving charities, you can use the Turn2us Grants Search

Turn2us Grants Search

Find out how charitable funds may be able to help carers

Advice and Support

Turn2us is unable to offer advice on individual situations. To find an adviser in your area to discuss your situation with you can use the Turn2us Find an Adviser tool

Find an Adviser

Further Information Resources