Challenging a Council Tax Support decision - What are my options?

Find out more about Challenging a Council Tax Support decision.

What are my options?

If you think a Council Tax Support (also known as Council Tax reduction) decision is wrong you may be able to:

  • Ask for an explanation
  • Have the decision looked at again
  • Appeal against the decision

This guide takes you through these options.

Applies to: England, Scotland and Wales.

Advice: If you need advice about a benefits or tax credits decision, you should contact a benefits adviser. You can use our Find an Adviser tool to find a local one


Printable version of this guide

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.