Disabled Facilities Grants (England, Wales and Northern Ireland) - How do I make a claim?

You may be able to get a Disabled Facilities Grant from your local authority for work to your home.

How do I make a claim?

In England and Wales

Contact your local council for more details about how to apply.

The government funds an organisation called Foundations who can help you to apply.

See also the GOV.UK information on Disabled Facilities Grants

In Northern Ireland

Contact your GP or social worker or your local Health and Social Care trust

In Scotland

Contact your local Care and Repair office.

Reviewed: April 2023


Printable version of this guide

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.