Help from the local council if you are a carer - Further information

As a carer, you have the right to have your own needs assessed by your local council. This could be as part of the assessment of the person you are caring for or in your own right.

Further information

Further advice

NHS Choices information on Carers' Assessments

A local carers centre or Citizens Advice bureau should be able to advice you further.

You can use our Find an Adviser tool to find a local one or use Carers Trust Find local care and carers support tool

Last reviewed: January 2023


Printable version of this guide

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.