Refugees and others in the UK for protection - Other support

Other support


Many grant-giving charities will help people who have refugee leave or have come to the UK seeking protection.  

To find out what help may be available based on your situation, circumstances and needs, you can use our Grants Search 

Refugee Integration Loan 

If you have recently been granted refugee leave or humanitarian protection, or you are a dependent of someone with either type of leave, and you are aged at least 18, you may be eligible for an integration loan. 

This has to be paid back but it is an interest-free loan. The smallest amount you can borrow is £100 and the maximum is £500 or £780 for a couple. 

You can apply for an integration loan to help cover the cost of the essential items needed to start a new life, for example a rent deposit or rent, moving expenses, household items, work clothes or equipment, or training and education expenses. Claims are made online and are decided by the Home Office


Printable version of this guide

Was this page helpful?

Tell us the problem


Thank you

Thank you for your feedback. If you would like to tell us more, please visit our contact us page.