You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Education Maintenance Allowance EMA - Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland - Who does it help?

Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is a scheme for people studying or permanently resident in Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. The scheme is now closed in England.

Who does it help?

Broadly speaking, you could get Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) if:

  • you are 16, 17, 18 or 19, and

  • you are old enough to leave school if you want to, and

  • you are carrying on with your studies.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page