You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Statutory Adoption Pay - How do I claim Statutory Adoption Pay?

Find out more about Statutory Adoption Pay.

How do I claim Statutory Adoption Pay?

You must tell your employer that you want to take adoption leave no more than seven days after you have been notified that you have been matched with a child for adoption, or as soon as is practical after this.

You must tell your employer the date on which you expect the child to be placed with you and the date on which you want your statutory adoption leave (and therefore your Statutory Adoption Pay) to start.

What documents will I need to claim Statutory Adoption Pay?

You must give your employer evidence of the adoption. This will usually be the 'matching certificate' that you get from the adoption agency.

When will my Statutory Adoption Pay claim begin?

You can choose when to start getting your Statutory Adoption Pay. It can start from the date of the child's placement or up to 14 days before the expected date of the placement.

Change of circumstances

You must report changes in your circumstances which might affect your entitlement to this benefit.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page


Search for a grant

Look for funds that might be able to give you a grant and/or other types of help.

Use the Grants Search tool